Real Club de Golf Sotogrande is considered one of the best courses in Europe and among the 100 best in the world. It was founded in 1964 and built by the architect Robert Trent Jones. We have an 18 hole course which measures 6.871 yards from the white markers, 6.402 yards from the yellow markers, 5.913 yards from blue and 5.610 from red. The Value of the Course, assigned by the Royal Spanish Federation of Golf is 72,1 from white marks, 70.9 from yellow marks, 73,9 from blue marks and 72,1 from red marks. The Slope Value is 135 from white marks, 131 from yellow marks, 129 from blue marks and 125 from red marks. The par from all kind of marks is 72.
Our 9 hole links, has two par 4 holes and the rest of them are par 3.
The Club also has a Driving Range and a Putting Green near the first hole and an area for putting, pitching and bunker practice. We also have two tennis and two paddle courts.
The Club-House has a Restaurant/Bar, Swimming Pool, Golf Shop and Trolleys and Golf Bags Storage Room.
|Designer/s||Robert Trent Jones|
|Manager||Águstín Mazarrasa Díaz de Bustamante|
|President||Felipe Oriol Díaz de Bustamante|
|Golf professional||Juan Antonio Marín, Manuel Ocaña|
|Dificultad del Recorrido||4/5|
|Aprox. tee interval||10 min.|
|Buggy recommended||Not necessary|
|Buggy allowed in fairway||No|
|Maximum handicap (man)||25|
|Maximum handicap (woman)||30|
|Club hire||from 25€|
|Electric Trolleys||from 16€|
|Half hour lessons||Yes|
|Open to non-members||Yes|
RULES OF ETIQUETTE AND RULES OF RCGS
1. ETIQUETTE. It is prohibited to wear bathing trunks or costumes, running or tennis shorts, blue jeans and sleeveless shirts and playing without a shirt. Ladies are requested not to wear bikini tops and halter tops.
The Competition Committee has decided that mobile telephones are not allowed in competitions.
It is strictly forbidden to buy used golf balls on the course. Whoever breaks this rule will be asked to leave the Club immediately.
2. CARE OF THE COURSE. Divots must be replaced, pitch marks repaired and bunkers raked before moving on.
All waste paper, cans, cigarette butts, etc., must be place in the baskets provided.
3. GOLF CARS AND TROLLEYS.
Golf cars and trolleys are not allowed on the rings around the greens and teeing grounds. Please pay special attention to all signs posted on the course.
Golf cars must be driven following the norms established.
4. SLOW PLAY. Avoid slow play. Remember that a party of players walking the course should take approximately 4 hours to complete their round. Slow players who lose distance must give way to players coming up behind them.
We kindly ask players not to stay more than 10 minutes at the 9 Hole kiosk.
1. ETIQUETTE. We kindly ask you to follow the usual Etiquette Rules. It is prohibited to wear bathing trunks or costumes, running or tennis shorts, blue jeans, t-shirts or wearing no shirt. Ladies are also requested not to wear bikini tops and halter tops.
2. MOBILE TELEPHONES. The use of mobile telephones is prohibited in the Clubhouse installations.
3. LOCKER ROOMS. We kindly ask you not to leave wet clothes in the locker rooms.