In order to encourage tourism to return with complete safety, Andalucía is providing all non-resident international travellers with free COVID-19 insurance for stays at any type of officially registered (regulated) establishment in the region until 31 December.
The coverage includes:
- Medical, surgical, hospitalisation and pharmaceutical costs related to recovery from COVID-19. Those covered are the patient (the person diagnosed with COVID-19) and companions.
- Transportation and repatriation. If a patient needs to be transported or repatriated, their insured companions will also be covered by this insurance. The costs of transportation or repatriation, to their habitual residence or where the repatriated patient is hospitalised, will be covered. If the insured parties are minors or disabled and have no close and trusted companion, a responsible person will accompany them to the patient’s place of residence or hospitalisation.
- Transportation and repatriation in the event of death due to COVID-19. The insurance covers necessary arrangements at the place of the client’s death and the costs of the companions’ transportation to the place of burial.
- Costs for the extended hotel stay by the insured and companions. The insured party’s stay at a hotel following hospitalisation or under prescribed medical quarantine is covered.
In order for this insurance to be applicable you will have to stay in an officially registered (regulated) establishment. If you meet this requirement, you will be automatically covered while travelling, with no need for additional contracts. In case you need any coverage while travelling you will have to contact… although we will be able to assist you with any documentation or help you require.
Andalucía’s regional government is offering local-based tourists up to 50% discount on travel accommodation, subject to certain conditions.
The getaway must be booked through a travel agency registered with Andalucía Segura (such as GolfinSpain) and include a minimum of two nights’ accommodation at an establishment also officially subscribed to Andalucía Segura.
Those taking advantage need to be registered as residents (albeit part-time) on the town hall “padrón” in the municipality where they live. No distinction is made between Spaniards and foreigners, provided they fulfil the above conditions, live in Andalucía and enjoy their holiday break in a different municipality to their home one.
We have already prepared several packages related to the offer, which is aimed at encouraging people in Andalucía’s eight provinces to enjoy “staycations” rather than travelling abroad or elsewhere in Spain. With over 100 golf courses – considerably more than any other region in Spain – Andalucía is ideally placed to offer golfers, especially, a memorable getaway experience, at a welcome discount!
The voucher (available up to a maximum of €500) was introduced from 1 October and can be used until 31 December 2021. It covers hotels, tourist apartments and rural rental properties, but is not valid for restaurants or other services.
If you are interested in subsidising a golfing (or other holidays) in Andalucía by applying for this tourism voucher, don’t hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to help you learn where it is valid and how to apply.
This is the second part of our report outlining the conclusions of a survey we held among international golfing clients in early-September. The survey was conducted by personal email invitation to verified clients, and attracted 1,000 replies from clients in 28 countries (74% of them European). We explained some of the technical aspects in the first part and in the complete survey report.
In that initial report we analysed data in reference to cancellations, while here in the second part we compare the conclusions that can be drawn when it comes to respondents’ perception of Spain’s diverse destinations, as well as the key measures they take into account when assessing our bookings.
This is one of the initial conclusions drawn from a survey we held among international golfing clients, with the aim of learning how bookings had been affected this year – as well as determining medium-term travel plans and the current perception of Spain’s main destinations.
The survey was conducted by personal email invitation to verified clients, and the preliminary results are based on 1,000 replies from clients in 28 countries (74% of them European) from 20 August.
It should be borne in mind that autumn and spring are the golfing high seasons in Spain and – although there are no official figures for golf’s impact on the economy and tourism sector – it is estimated that the market generates €2,400 million in directly related business revenue and 2.6 million tourists a year. Spain is the premier golf destination in Europe, with an estimated market share of 35%. A total of 28% of those surveyed indicated that they make more than three getaways a year to Spain or Portugal to play golf.
We want you to continue travelling, playing golf and enjoying all our services without any financial loss. In these post-coronavirus times, travel insurance is becoming more important than ever – especially as it has to cover cancellations, infections, quarantines, etc., due to the virus.
We have been studying and comparing various travel insurance options that cover these aspects related to COVID-19, and we have incorporated the possibility of contracting coverage with all our bookings.
Here we highlight two travel insurance options with COVID-19 coverage…
- Holiday COVID (national):
- Travel cancellation costs up to €900
- Medical assistance up to €1,500
- Including reasons for contracting COVID-19 before travelling or during trip
- Repatriation due to airline bankruptcy
- Refund for cancelled holiday
- Coverage for pets
- Substitute vehicle for accident/breakdown
- Sending professional driver
- Coverage of sporting and adventure activities
- From €9.55/person
- Force majeure à la carte – free withdrawal:
- Travel cancellation costs up to €600
- Medical assistance up to €10.000
- Cancelled holiday up to €3,000
- Valid for sport-tourism and/or adventure activities
- Includes coverage for COVID-19 assistance
- From €30.56/person
- Holiday COVID (national):
You can take out either insurance coverage at the end of your booking process but bear in mind that it is essential to request them at the time you make your golf reservation. We will include the price in the quote and we will contract the insurance coverage when you confirm your reservation. If you require any specific coverage, do not hesitate to contact us and we will recommend the insurance that best suits your needs.
Remember, in any event, that we also offer our new “Super Flexible” options, with free cancellation until the last moment.
You need to start thinking now about a golf trip – true?
We realise that, and to help you research and book your autumn golf getaway we’ve set ourselves to work to prepare offers which, as a main criteria, provide flexible cancellation terms.
New Superflexible Category
Our new SUPERFLEXIBLE category only includes offers that allow you to make a cancellation*, for whatever reason, no questions asked, just a few days before your scheduled arrival date. In some cases, up to 24 hours before.
Defining cancellations for reasons related to COVID-19
Furthermore, we have created a reference document outlining in great detail any cancellation terms related to your own case of COVID-19 or that of a direct family member – and which affect quarantine or mobility restrictions in your area or destination. We are asking all establishments to adhere to the document, and you will see this indicated in the terms for many of our packages.
Date extension for final payment
We have also extended the final date for full payment of your booking, to within just a few days of your scheduled arrival, so you will not have to pay this amount almost until the last moment. If the cancellation is made after your final payment, the amount paid (apart from the deposit) will be refunded* within a period of 20 days.
These options are limited and the terms will only be applied to offers included in the SUPERFLEXIBLE category while they remain valid.
If you have any doubts or would like us to call you, please get in touch.
* In the event of a cancellation, only the initial booking deposit (normally 10%) will remain as a credit in your favour, with no penalties, for any future booking within one year.